Friday, November 21, 2008

day one.

I guess somebody has to start this, so I'll start. First real day in India as I got into the hotel last night at 2 am. Thought I was going to go exploring early in the day, but that didn't happen as I slept until 11 am.

Initial perspectives... having been traveling in China quite a lot, I have to always use that as a point of comparison. The traffic is about the same, a lot of honking (there is a steady whine of horns in the background all day) and also a lot of people on the streets. So, really, if I were to just judge it on appearance, there are a lot of similarities. Culture wise, I'm sure many things are different, but I think that to notice those things, I will have to interact with people a little bit more!

I have also seen a lot of chinese restaurants along the way, which was quite strange... I must say I can't wait for Indian food though... I'm going to try to only eat veggie while I'm here... and fish... and eggs. I know that is not really vegetarian, but I have to go step by step!

That's about it for now...!

1 comment:

Cogs said...

So I'll copy Kelvin's first sentence by saying that I guess somebody has to start this! Enjoyed what I've read so far and I'm really looking forward to reading other contributors as the days go by. What an amazing adventure for you all!